Headlines News :
Home » , , , » Greatest TV Theme Songs Part 3

Greatest TV Theme Songs Part 3

Written By Unknown on Friday, August 17, 2012 | 5:18 PM

As promised, here finally is the conclusion to my highly popular "Greatest TV Theme Songs" lists.  Following in the footsteps of Part One and Part Two, I asked you, my faithful readers, to recommend some additional television shows that had catchy songs (with lyrics) during their opening credits.  I already wrote a blog entry about the best non-musical opening narrations and I will eventually write one about the best instrumental theme songs (those great tunes without any lyrics.)

I've already mentioned many of the classic theme songs in the first two parts of this trilogy, but here are some more, thanks to your submissions.

Baretta - "Don't go to bed, with no price on your head. No, no, don't do it. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Yeah, don't do it. And keep your eye on the sparrow. When the going gets narrow. Don't do it, don't do it. Where can I go where the cold winds don't blow, now. Well, well, well."

Beverly Hillbillies - "Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shootin' at some food, and up through the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea. Well the first thing you know ol' Jed's a millionaire. Kinfolk said 'Jed, move away from there.' Said 'Californy is the place you ought to be,' so they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly. Hills, that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars. Well now it's time to say good bye to Jed and all his kin, and they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin' in. You're all invited back again to this locality to have a heapin' helpin' of their hospitality. Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, take your shoes off. Y'all come back now, y'hear?"

Car 54, Where Are You? - "There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights. There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights. There's a scout troup short a child, Kruschev's due at Idlewild. Car 54, Where Are You? (musical interlude) There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights. There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights. There's a scout troup short a child, Kruschev's due at Idlewild. Car 54, Where Are You?"

Charles in Charge - "New boy in the neighborhood, lives downstairs and it is understood, he’s there just to take good care of me, like he’s one of the family. Charles in Charge of our days and our nights, Charles in Charge of our wrongs and our rights, and I sing, I want, I want Charge in Charge of me. Charles in Charge of our days and our nights, Charles in Charge of our wrongs and our rights, and I sing, I want, I want Charge in Charge of me."

Chico and the Man - "Chico, don't be discouraged. The Man, he ain't so hard to understand. Chico, if you try now, I know that you can lend a helping hand, because there's good in everyone and a new day has begun. You can see the morning sun if you try, and I know, things will be better, oh yes they will for Chico and the Man, yes they will for Chico and the Man."

Green Acres - "Green acres is the place for me. Farm livin' is the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide. Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside. New York is where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay. I just adore a penthouse view. Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue. ...The chores. ...The stores. ...Fresh air. ...Times Square. You are my wife. Good bye, city life. Green Acres, we are there."

Married...With Children - "Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage, go together like a horse and carriage. This I tell ya, brother, you can't have one without the other. Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage, it's an institute you can't disparage. Ask the local gentry, and they will say it's element'ry. Try, try, try to separate them, it's an illusion. Try, try, try and you will only come to this conclusion. Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage, go together like a horse and carriage, Dad was told by Mother, you can't have one, you can't have none, you can't have one without the other."
Maverick - "Who is the tall, dark stranger there? Maverick is the name. Ridin' the trail to who knows where, luck is his companion, gamblin' is his game. Smooth as the handle on a gun. Maverick is the name. Wild as the wind in Oregon, blowin' up a canyon, easier to tame. Riverboat, ring your bell, fare thee well, Annabel. Luck is the lady that he loves the best. Natchez to New Orleans, livin' on jacks and queens. Maverick is a legend of the west. Riverboat, ring your bell, fare thee well, Annabel. Luck is the lady that he loves the best. Natchez to New Orleans, livin' on jacks and queens. Maverick is a legend of the west. Maverick is a legend of the west."

Moonlighting - "Some walk by night, some fly by day. Nothing could change you, set and sure of the way. There is the sun and moon, they sing their own sweet tune, watch them when dawn is due, sharing one space. We'll walk by night, we'll fly by day, moonlighting strangers who just met on the way."
My Mother the Car - "Everybody knows in a second life, we all come back sooner or later as anything from a pussycat to a man-eating alligator. Well, you all may think my story is more fiction than it's fact, but believe it or not my Mother Dear decided she'd come back as a car... She's my very own guiding star, a 1928 Porter. That's my Mother Dear, 'cause she helps me through everything I do and I'm so glad she's near, My Mother the Car, My Mother the Car."

One Day at a Time - "This is it. This is it. This is life, the one you get so go and have a ball. This is it. This is it. Straight ahead and rest assured you can’t be sure at all. So while you’re here enjoy the view, keep on doing what you do, so hold on tight, we'll muddle through one day at a time, one day at a time. So up on your feet, up on your feet. Somewhere there’s music playing. Don’t you worry none. We’ll just take it like it comes, one day at a time, one day at a time. One day at a time, one day at a time. One day at a time, one day at a time. One day at a time, one day at a time."

Webster - "Set in my ways, losing track of the days, only me to live for. Had no need to give more than I wanted to. Spending my time just holding the line, never getting caught up. Love was never brought up. It’s not the thing to do. It was you, then came you. You made me leap without taking a look. It was you, then came you. You reeled me right in line, sinker, and hook. Never thought forever was the best I could do. Then came you. It was you. Then came you. It was you. Me and you. Then came you."

Look through all three parts of my "Greatest TV Theme Songs" trilogy.  Have I excluded any of your favorites? If so, let me know. Like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, maybe this trilogy isn't over yet.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Popular Posts

Recent Post

Comments